We are looking for a highly-motivated and experienced person to lead our digital literacy training team and help us to effectively reach, and enrich the digital knowledge and experience of thousands of online users, mostly women, through our Productive Paths project.
Flexible. The work, which will be carried out in cooperation with AirJaldi’s management teams in Delhi and Dharamshala, HP, will also require travel to networks and field sites (20-25%) and, in case you will be based in or near any of office locations, travel to one of our main office locations in Delhi and HP (an additional 10%). Your work will be supervised and monitored by AirJaldi’s Productive Paths Project Leader.
Minimum 12 months. Immediate hiring.
Responsibilities/Scope of Work:
Design, develop, implement, and deliver online and classroom courses focusing on digital literacy and online skills development. More specifically:
- Design and develop online digital literacy and online skills training modules with clear goals objectives and lesson plans. These models will make use of collated and self-created online materials and manuals (videos, texts), interactive online tools and live online training activities, and assessments that are appropriate to the skill level, needs, and interests of the project participants.
- Design, develop and direct the implementation of live training programs aimed at augmenting the online courses and activities.
- Perform administrative duties related to training to include preparation of project planning, performance and status reports, training evaluation and assessments, and participation in overall project report preparation and presentation.
- Work closely with Project Leader and project to ensure timely and effective project implementation.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
Digital Literacy Instructor must have the following knowledge, skills and/or abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be fluent (reading, speaking, writing) in English and in Hindi at a minimum.
- Proven experience in development and dissemination of online and live training activities, preferably related to the use of computers and connectivity and connectivity-related tools.
- Good knowledge of online tools (browsers, social media, video conferencing, business tools and application)
- Good knowledge of PC/online tools (Microsoft Office and similar tools, accounting and administrative tools, etc.) an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or certification in development of training materials in a relevant field an asset.
- Teaching experience with low-literacy adult language learners preferred
- Strong, proven, commitment to diversity, with respect and sensitivity to cultural and educational differences.
- Understanding of cultural and linguistic barriers to education and experience in overcoming these for participants, in particular adult learners.
- Able to adjust personal schedule to participate in weekend and/or evening events as needed. Instructors commit to long hours of work when necessary to meet the needs of participants.
- Consistent and dependable. Carrying out work in a timely manner, adhering to schedules, tasks, and timelines as agreed with Project leader.
- Experience in working in rural areas a plus.
- Willingness to travel and work in rural areas as part of your work
- When you apply, you will be expected to have developed some knowledge and understanding of our work, based at the very least on information available on our website, www.airjaldi.com
- Preferences will be given to female applicants
- Commensurate with experience.
The recruitment process will consist of the following steps:
- Submission of an up-to-date resume, together with a minimum of two recommendation letters.
- Submission of a cover letter outlining the reasons for wanting to join AirJaldi, what you feel are the opportunities and challenges the company faces going forward and ways in which you are suitable for addressing both.
If short-listed, then:
- An online interview with the project team
- Submission of sample training plan in line with specifications given during the interview.